Welp… here’s to the first blog post of 2015!
2015? Wait really?
In my school district, the username you use to log into the school’s computer system begins with the year you will graduate. I’ve been typing the number 15 into computers since kindergarten. Never did I think the year referenced in my username would actually come.
But here it is!
My last week of 2014 was a fun one. It started off with an awesome date with the ever cute Adam (but since I’m an awesome blogger I forgot to take pictures.) We went ice skating, ate food and hot chocolate, and played Mario Kart which I suck at. It was a blast and a half. Thanks Adam!
My last week of 2014 also consisted of long periods of time spent studying the life of Jesus Christ. I’m currently reading Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage, and by recommendation of Adam, I’m also reading The Infinite Atonement by Tad R. Callister. Both of which I recommend every person reads.
So here’s to 2015!
The year I graduate from High School, graduate from seminary, decide what college to go to, turn in mission papers, and leave to serve a mission for my church.
Since it’s such a big year full of big decisions and events I’ve made a lot of goals for myself so that I can be on the top of my game all year. I like to call these New Years Resolutions (clever name don’t you think!?) So here are a few of my New Years Resolutions, and then a few New Years Resolutions given to us from the Prophets for our 2015 year.
1. Study the gospel every day. This is more than just read a chapter out of the scriptures and call it good. I want to learn and deepen my knowledge of the scriptures as well as study other things such as conference talks, preach my gospel and the books mentioned above. My next biggest goal after graduating from high school will be to serve a mission. I want to use the time I have right now to prepare for it.
2. Attend the temple at least twice a month, and every week when I can. The temple is one of the best ways to combat the influence of Satan in your life, and it also is one of the best places to feel the Spirit. It is the house of the Lord after all! I’m starting this one tomorrow at 9 in the AM!
3. Run a 10K… yikes! Several members of my extended family agreed to running 10Ks and half and full marathons this year. I can’t wait!
4. Wake up early enough to do a little bit of yoga and eat breakfast every morning. My days are always so much better when I do this.
5. Be a better friend. I have some awesome people in my life right now. I want to spend more time with them and make as many memories with them as I can before we all part and go our separate ways. I also want to serve people every day.
6. Be a better blogger! I want to blog on a more consistent basis.
7. Look for the sunshine in my life and stop focusing on the shadows. Life is incredibly beautiful and is meant to be enjoyed. I want to see the joyful things and not stress too much about what I can’t control.
And now that I’ve shared a few of my own goals for the year with you, hop on over HERE to find some New Years Resolutions suggested by our prophets
It’s going to be an incredible year. I can’t wait for what the future brings!
feel my sunlight
p.s. What are some of your New Years Resolutions?