Live A Crazy Dream {ASL project}

Hey guys!

I just wanted to share with you a project I’ve been working on for the past few weeks!

We’ve been studying American Sign Language over the last two years and it has been an awesome journey learning about this amazing language and the culture about the Deaf Community. I’ve truly learned to appreciate the language and it something I hope to be able to continue to be a part of.

Since we are graduating in a hand full of days we wanted our final ASL project to be something that will inspire others to become interested in this awesome language. So we decided to make a music video to the song Whole Wide World by Mindy Gledhill!

We hope as you watch this video you are inspired to learn a few signs in sign language, as well as remember to live life to it’s fullest and don’t be afraid to live your dreams.

feel my sunlight

p.s. My Stake President is submitting my mission papers to the Quorum of the 12 Apostles TODAY… now isn’t that a crazy dream?!?

6 thoughts on “Live A Crazy Dream {ASL project}

1. Caroline says:

I Have been following for a long time but havent posted a comment yet 🙂 but I just wanted to say how happy it makes me that you love ASL. My cousin is hard of hearing ( can't hear without hearing aids and even then you have to talk loud) so my aunt has been helping me learn ASL with them. so ASL is very close to my heart. thank you for posting this video. I will show it to my aunt and cousin!

2. Shelby M says:

This is so awesome! Love the song and I think it is so awesome you are learning sign language- it's one of the many things on my bucket list:) And it is insanely exciting that your mission papers are being turned in!! I can't wait to hear more when you find out where you are going!
    Have a great night!
    -Shelby

3. WhitneySue says:

Well thanks for commenting! I love hearing from people that read! I am obsessed with ASL! It is so important to me too! I love meeting people who also love it! Thanks so much! 🙂
    -Whit

4. WhitneySue says:

Thanks! It is defiantly something I think everybody should learn a little bit of. My sugestion would be to look up songs in asl on youtube and try to learn them. It is one of the fastest ways to learn and you also look impressive when you can sign songs that come on the radio. Ahh! I'm so excited about my papers being in! Only a few more weeks and I'll know where I'm going! I'll keep you guys posted! Thanks so much!
    -Whit

5. Anonymous says:

That was adorable!! I took French in High School and loved it, it's so cool you're learning ASL! Good luck in Florida!!! ~Golda

6. WhitneySue says:

Thanks Golda!! I'm obsessed with all of your foreign adventures. Your traveling looks like so much fun! I'm living vicariously through you so you'd better have a blast! Thanks again! 🙂
    -Whit